Sunday, January 25, 2009

Faithfulness.

Dear Diary,

Tonight at church I was taken off guard.

I was sitting in my usual seat, first pew all the way to the left. Right in front of my preacher, I love it there. The service had not yet started and our music director begins to approach me, I assumed he was coming over to greet me and shake my hand as usual. As he lifts his hand to shake mine, he says “I just want to say thank you for your faithfulness.”
I froze for a few seconds and noticed that I gave him the deer caught in the headlights look. It took me a while to respond but I did and said, “thank you and likewise.”

I thought about it as I sat there and was convicted because I know there are times that I haven’t been faithful to God as God has been faithful to me. And it challenged my heart that I need stay consistent not only for my benefit, nor for the others that are encouraged by it but because it’s my duty.
As a blood bought child of God I am required to be faithful to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Serving Him is a privilege and nowadays it seems like people walk around believing they are doing God a favor just by going to church. But in actuality we are easily replaceable, God doesn’t need us. We need Him.

1 Corinthians 1:9 “God is faithful. . . “

XOXO
P

3 comments:

  1. Hey girl...your blogs are beautiful! They make me smile :) You are an amazing woman...keep it up! Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your faithfulness makes me so proud and motivated. You are coming forth as a diamond!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you and your faithfulness, I know it can't be easy, but it is a sweet offering to God. Love you!

    ReplyDelete