Wednesday, January 21, 2009

In case you haven’t noticed.

Dear Diary,
God has blessed me with the greatest family and friends a girl can ask for. There is not a day that goes by that my heart is not stirred by the words or thoughtful gestures of a loved one.

No matter where I’m at - work, church or hanging with friends I receive a kind remark on how encouraged they are because of me. And I always reply with the flat out truth, it’s not me it’s all God. I am blessed to know that my walk with Him is being reflected.

I now understand the statement “living in a glass bowl.” I became aware that I had spectators, lots and lots of them. Some who truly love and care and want to make sure I don’t fall in the deep end and some just watching to see how I will react towards God.
But I have purposed in my heart that I will do everything in my power to be just as faithful, if not, more to my Jesus than ever before. Why? Because I refuse to be the reason why other’s give up on God. And well to be honest, this really isn’t a big deal! Relationships don’t always work out, especially when the other is not meant for you.

Unfortunately, I have seen the way some people respond to God when trials come in their life. And it’s so sad to see that they will take their anger and frustration out on Him when ultimately they are reaping what they have sown. God doesn’t decree sin from above, and there will always be repercussions for our sins.

And then there are trials in our lives that are there to edify us and strengthen our faith. Yeah, agreed they are not always pleasant but a faith that cannot be tested cannot be trusted. I might not see it now or understand it until I get to Heaven but I don’t have to. I rather leave my life in God’s hands. He knows everything before it happens and He knows the desires of my heart. He will give that which He deems best for me anyway if I just let Him work.

Thank God for this promise:
Romans 8:28 “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose.”

XOXO,
P

No comments:

Post a Comment